Saturday 13 December 2008

My home


I got my home in Tahoua! The Nigeriane government offers me a house and I’m going to live there by myself. Actually it is too big to live for a person. I feel like I can live here with my family. So, if you want to come and visit me in Tahoua, there is always your room here!!
It has been a year since previous person left. So, it was very very dirty!!! It was nightmare! There were so many spiders net, dust, dust and dust!! Hardly have I believed I’m going to live here. I had to work so hard to clean up my home first. I’m so glad that I like cleaning. haha Also, there were some points which needed to repair, so I asked a staff from the government in Tahoua to repair. Although he is very busy but he helped me a lot. So my keys and electricity got better so fast. He looks very busy and I’ve never seen such a busy person like him in Niger. It was first time for me to see someone who is in rush here.
I had a guard man at home. For the security reason, there is a guard man at volunteers home. In my case, my guard man lives in outside in my house with his family. He is really really nice and his family, too! I’m so glad to live here with them. There are two kids, 4 years, 1 and half years boy. They are so sweets!!
First two nights, I couldn’t stay at my home because it was not clean enough to stay. So, I stayed at other volunteers home. After a week, my home got a lot better!!! Now it is really clean and very nice! Well done, Hiroko! haha Well, my guard man helped me a lot actually. He always gave me his hand to clean up, moving sofas and so on. Thanks to him, it is really comfortable to stay here now.
On Sunday, I had a lunch with guard man’s family. Usually, his wife gives me something to eat. Of course, that is not their job, but they offer me foods. They are so kind. So, to show my thanks, I made lunch for them on Sunday. I’m not sure they liked my spaghetti because their taste is different from me, but I hope they had a great time. As for me, I had honestly.
Picture: this is my house in Tahoua

No comments: