Thursday 6 November 2008

Home stay in Tahoua


From 26 October to 30 October, we had a home stay as a program to learn Nigerian culture and life.

I visited Tahoua where I work. It took 9 hours by bus. The road was not very good, so it was like an attraction in an amusement park.
I got to know my future colleagues. They are really nice and very enthusiastic about their work. I think I will use a room where is setted up for Japanese volunteer and do some classes for chidlren and young ladies. Here in Niger, there are so many children who can not go to school and also there are lots of young ladies who stay at home with doing nothing. After I discussed with the director, we made a plan like that and hopefully I will be able to do some class: English,Health (HIV/AIDS), Japaese culture, painting, and volleyball(here it is very popular among young people) etc. I am very excited about starting my work.
My host was very nice. There were many children and they were good language teacher for me. I had to say that I was very surprised about bathroom and toilet. It was in the outside under the sky. When I took bath, my host mother prepared water in a bucket. It was a bit hard for me to wash my hairs and body with one bucket. And I felt how much water is important here.

It was very good experience for me and I can’t wait to go back. I hope to be able to Hahousa soon, so that I can communicate with people well.
Pictures; Children in Tahoua

No comments: